Appalachian Trail Trek in Shenandoah National Park
$1650 per person
Lodge-to-Lodge Appalachian Trail Trek in Shenandoah National Park
One of the most beloved and popular National Parks in the United States is Shenandoah in Virginia, featuring the famed blue ridge mountains. A 100-mile well-marked section of the Appalachian Trail (AT) goes through the park on the crest of the mountain range. (The entire Appalachian Trail is 2,000 miles and runs from Maine to Georgia.)
You’ll be hiking a 32-mile “best of” section of the AT over 4-days featuring spectacular vistas and well situated rusted full-service cabins and lodges. You will have your luggage transferred each day too so you only need light daypacks for hiking.
Dress CodeComfortable and Casual for Trekking Outdoors
IncludedAccommondationBreakfastDinnerLunchTours (see tour details)
Not IncludedInternational and internal flightsTipsTravel insurance
Day 1: Transfer from IAD airport to Luray, orientation
Day 2: Hike from South River Falls Picnic Area to Lewis Cabins
Day 3: Hike Lewis Cabins to Big Meadow
Day 4: Hike Big Meadows to Skyland Lodge
Day 5: Hike from Skyland lodge to Thornton Gap and transfer to Luray for final evening.
Day 6: Visit Luray Caverns, on to IAD Airport
$375 single supplement
Balance Due Final Payment: 45 days prior to arrival.
Flexible Cancel Policy: 100% refund up until 2 weeks before day one of trip. 50% refund from 1 week out until day one of trip. No refund after trip has started.
- five nights double occupancy accommodations (single supplement available)
- all transportation during the trip, starting and ending at Dulles Airport (IAD)
- all meals from dinner on Day1 through breakfast on Day 6
- guidebook, maps, and hand-written notes from the Active World Journeys Team
- local representative phone number for questions or help
- daily luggage transport
- entrance fees to Shenandoah National Park and Luray Caverns
- flights to and from Dulles (IAD) airport in DC
- alcoholic beverages
- travel insurance